- 4 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Italian sausages, mild or hot
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce, heated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced basil
1. Mix together butter and garlic. Spread over buns.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grates well. Grill sausages for 14 to 16 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
3. Grill buns, buttered side down, for about 1 minute or just until toasted.
4. Place sausages in buns; top sausages with mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce and sliced basil.
• For extra-crispy grilled sausages, parboil them and split lengthwise; grill cut sides down.
• Keep a water-filled spray bottle near the barbecue to put out any flare-ups from the dripping sausages.