- 8 slices Villaggio® Original Thick Sliced Italian Style White Bread
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula
- 4 slices fontina cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) pickled antipasto vegetables
- 12 slices salami
- 8 slices mortadella
- 8 slices prosciutto
Divide half of the arugula among 4 slices of bread. Top with 1 slice each fontina and mozzarella; divide pickled vegetables over top. Layer 3 slices salami and 2 slices each mortadella and prosciutto over top. Sprinkle remaining arugula over top; cap with remaining bread.
Wrap sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap and place on rimmed baking sheet or shallow baking dish. Place a weight, such as a cast iron skillet or plate with a can of tomatoes on top of sandwiches. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until well pressed.
• Alternatively, substitute any sliced cheese, such as provolone or Swiss for the fontina and mozzarella, and any variety of sliced deli meats.
• You can also substitute jarred roasted red peppers for antipasto vegetables if desired.