- 4 slices Villaggio® Original Thick Sliced Italian Style White Bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground almonds
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) chocolate hazelnut spread
- 6 oz (175 g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated blood orange zest
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
Remove crusts from bread and tear into pieces. In food processor, pulse bread until coarse bread crumbs form; add ground almonds and pulse until combined.
Add hazelnut spread to food processor; pulse until mixture forms a ball and holds together.
Roll mixture into 24 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and refrigerate on waxed paper–lined tray for about 30 minutes or until chilled.
Meanwhile, in heatproof bowl set over hot, not boiling water, melt chocolate; stir in orange zest. Place hazelnuts in shallow dish.
Using two forks, dip truffle centres, one at a time, in melted chocolate, shaking off excess. Immediately roll each one in hazelnuts. Place truffles on waxed paper–lined baking sheet and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.
Tip: Replace toasted hazelnuts with toasted coconut or cocoa powder if desired.
Tip: Use navel orange zest when blood oranges are not available.