- 4 slices Villaggio® Sesame Bread
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella, about 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick
- 1 cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced (preferably roasted or grilled chicken)
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced basil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
On 2 bread slices, layer mozzarella, chicken and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with basil and drizzle with vinegar.
Top each with a second slice of bread. Spread butter lightly on outside slices of bread.
Cook in large skillet set over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Tip: To make your own balsamic glaze, bring 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp. (15 mL) sugar to a boil, cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes until thick and syrupy.