- 6 slices Villagio® Original Thick Sliced Italian Style White Bread, crusts removed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
- Orange Ricotta Cream:
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 24 mini muffin cups and set aside.
Using a rolling pin, flatten bread to about 1/8-inch (5 mm) thickness. Lightly brush both sides of bread slices with butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar; cut each slice into quarters to make 4 squares. Fit each square into mini muffin cup; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool in muffin tin; remove from cups.
Orange Ricotta Cream: Mix together ricotta, icing sugar, orange zest and vanilla; stir in chocolate chips.
Transfer mixture to resealable plastic bag or piping bag fitted with large tip. Snip off one corner to make 1/2 inch (1 cm) opening; pipe about 2 tsp (10 mL) cream into each toast cup. Dust tops with icing sugar.
Tip: Sprinkle with finely chopped toasted pecans if desired.