- 6 slices Villaggio® Toscana Thick Slice White Bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped black olives
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut crusts from bread; cut slices of bread in half diagonally. Place on baking sheet and brush with 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes or until toasted and golden.
Preheat broiler. Toss together tomatoes, onion, basil, olives, salt and remaining olive oil; spoon onto bread. Toss mozzarella with Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over tomato mixture. Broil for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tip: Use another classic Italian cheese that melts well, such as Fontina, if desired.