- Breakfast Sandwich:
- 4 slices Villaggio® Sesame Bread, toasted (and buttered, if desired)
- 8 slices crispy cooked pancetta
- 4 scrambled eggs
- White Bean Salsa:
- 1 can (540 mL) cannellini beans or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
White Bean Salsa: Toss together beans, tomatoes, onion, lemon juice, oil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes to develop flavours.
Breakfast Sandwich: Top each slice of bread with 2 slices pancetta, scrambled eggs and 1/4 cup (60 mL) White Bean Salsa, reserving remaining salsa for another use.
Use White Bean Salsa as a filling or as a side salad for burgers, grilled cheese or burritos.