Bacon and Pear Tartine
A delightful flavour packed open-faced version of the standard grill cheese
Preparation 10 min
Total 20 min
- 4 Slices of Villaggio Artesano® Original White Bread
- 2 Pears
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Butter
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Sugar
- 1 Tsp (5g) Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp (2.5g) Cardamom
- 1/4 Cup (60g) Mayonnaise
- 12 Slices Thick-Cut Maple Bacon – Cooked
- 8 Slices of Brie
- 1/2 Cup (125g) Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 Cup (125mL) Maple Syrup
- Cut both pears into quarters, remove the core, and slice each quarter section in half again.
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter, then add in sugar, cardamon, and cinnamon until incorporated.
- Add in the pear slices and sauté for about 2-3 mins. per side until golden brown and caramelized.
- Toast 4 slices of bread then spread each slice with mayonnaise.
- Layer each toasted slice with the brie, bacon, and top it with the pear slices evenly.
- Sprinkle with the slivered almonds and drizzle with maple syrup.